UFO Over Mia Mia, Victoria, Australia

As I remember from back in the old “UFO craze” days, the usual explanation was that UFOs were IFOed as weather balloons.

Does the meteorlogical service still use that technology? Seems doppler radar would have replaced it by now.

No, you haven’t. But I have the impression that you’re trying to get everyone to agree with you and accept that your photo is real to the point of checking the picture itself to verify it.

Your offer is very nice but nobody will take the time to do that, even if they had the expertise to do so. Simply, there will always someone that will question your reasons and believe that you used photoshop. :slight_smile:

Ordinarily, I’d agree with everything you just said. However, I suspect that you’re actually veiling the assertion that the type of person you’re talking about is “me”. So, let me go through this in that light.

1). I do not take photos from my normal position.

2). Yes I have some finance issues right now, but that’s got nothing to do with being institutionalized, or being unable to gain employment. I actually make fairly good money, but holding onto it has been a problem of late, due to certain circumstances. However, I will soon have plenty more money because I am building another business :slight_smile:

4). There’s actually a good reason that I am taking these photos. Firstly I don’t think they’re aliens.

4). I am not haphazardly taking photos of anything I see floating in the sky. I have specific methods of obtaining the photos I have – and yes, I do have thousands. Mainly because of these methods I use.

5). I am not a UFO nut searching for 9 foot reptilians. If anything, I am an aerial phenomenon nut searching for things that shouldn’t be there. Why? Because I wholeheartedly believe (because I have reason to believe) that very soon the skies will be filled with such things. And when that happens, I’ll be one of the first people to stand up and shout: “THEY’RE NOT FRICKIN’ ALIENS!”. And many people will listen to a guy that has thousands of photos. That helps give me credibility. Right now, I feel that I “know” certain things, but who’s going to take my word? I need evidence.

6). My cameras aren’t cheap. I’ve spend thousands of dollars on cameras. I just need better equipment, which is more specialized to cater for the methods I use to capture these phenomena. I need not thousands of dollars, I need many thousands. I don’t have that right now. Doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with me or my ability to make an income. Doesn’t mean I have a psychological deficit either.

Yeah, how long?

Are you ok? I said I am. Then you said, no you aren’t. Then I said no, you misunderstood, I am, and here’s why. Now you’re saying I am not again. I’ve concluded that there’s not much point providing you with thoughtful answers. I will explain one last time and this is the last time I’ll respond to you personally. 1). I do not report UFO’s to any government or agency because I don’t see a point and I have contention with the fact that people think these agencies are authorities authorities. I don’t! I think ost of them are a born pack of liars – which is why the world need people like me, to find out what they’re doing. 2). However, if they want to analyze my photos, I don’t care. I’ll send them with a gold ribbon around the enveloper! You didn’t understand again, did you? Your response will; be emphatic that you understand, but then in three posts, you will say I am unwilling to put the photos up to scrutiny. sigh… Why am I typing?

I don’t have any problem with people believing what they like. I don’t believe I have stated anything as such, either.

Looks like a pea in the sky or a kite. Hope to see more pics tho.:slight_smile:

@MrLeN: As with everything in life, people have the right to choose what they want to believe and they can be skeptic if they want. You shouldn’t take it personal.

I don’t see it as a contradiction at all.

I was just explaining why I disagree with your earlier comment

Originally Posted by MrLeN
…Everyone here knows perfectly well that it’s impossible to say what’s in the photo…

I know you won’t send the photos to NASA or any other agency for the reasons you expressed earlier.

What I am saying is that if the photo was actually sent to NASA or an appropriate agency by anybody, then they might be able to explain what is in the photo. Whether you then choose to accept that explanation or not is another issue.

But unless you could prove that any explanation they gave is definitely not possible then their explanation could be deemed by some people to be true or at least plausible.

Yes you did didn’t you, I’m still trying to figure out why you did that if you don’t associate UFOs with spaceships…

How long are you going to try and wriggle out of the fact that someone said UFO and you thought they meant spaceship.

Yes, that’s why I need a better camera. So I can take closer photos. I have thousands and thousands of photos on my computers. Some of them are extremely good. I have flying disks and orbs right over my place. Pretty clear pictures too. But I need better equipment. There is a good reason that I am taking these photos. It’s not because I am trying to prove evidence of 6 foot reptilians. If anything, it’s the contrary. However, I do have reason to believe that there’s some pretty advanced stuff zipping around our skies.

MrLen, I was just kidding :slight_smile:
Those pictures are so vague, it might be anything. A cloud like Rudy says, or maybe a balloon, who knows.

You don’t have to watch anything that you don’t want to.

Also, you don’t need to remind me of what UFO means. I don’t believe in “aliens”.

However, I do believe there are a lot of things in our skies that we (the people) are not aware of, but some people on this planet are. ie: The ones that put certain technologies to the airspace.

So, if I’d like to promote anything; it’s not that “aliens” are coming to get us. It’s: “Be careful of anyone saying that aliens are coming to get us”.

There is a chance that in the very near future, you’ll see more and more people getting on TV saying: “I saw a UFO”. The mainstream media is promoting more and more stories.

I was also personally contacted by the SyFy channel last week. The wanted to use my videos for their show. I told them that they can use them only if they give me (my website) credit, and if they do not use the footage to declare that I believe in aliens. I haven’t heard back from them yet – and I don’t expect to.

dude, you don’t seriously expect us to view an hour and eleven minutes of a talking head?

~lots~ of people have seen UFOs, but that doesn’t mean they’re space ships from uranus

all they are is unidentified

Hey don’t make jokes, U.S. government and military officials have been seeing them too. Even CNN says so…

That’s from the 27th of September. Someone uploaded it from CNN.

Just a side observation - in the above quote you are implying that governments and agencies are a pack of liars.

Obviously you are entitled to have that view if you wish, but what I find a little amusing is that when people like me, where you are a complete stranger to, think you might also be telling lies you seem to get very defensive and yet still post no proof at all that shows anything you say is actually true or that your photo is not fabricated in any way.

All I can do is remind you again that the onus of proof is on you to prove what you say is in fact true, if you want to be taken seriously, because there is no obligation on anyone to just blindly accept what they read in forums.

<!–start of rant–>

I get sick and tired of these kinds of conversations being taken into never ending squabbles and that’s where this thread is going to go if I don’t say this:

1). I am not saying aliens are coming to get anyone. I never even mentioned aliens. Don’t even want to discuss that. Not interested.

2). I don’t believe in aliens and I certainly don’t think they’re coming from a place far away in tin buckets.

3). I DO believe that there’s “something” zipping around our skies, but I can think of at least 10 possible reasons for that - and aliens aren’t high on the list. As a matter of fact, they probably wouldn’t be in the top 10.

4). I would prefer the conversation go into the direction of: “lets try to dicuss ways of verifying photos”, “lets try and work out if there’s something weird in the skies, and if so, what?”, “lets discuss statements on their merit”.

…discussion like: “Ah yeah all the alien photos are fake”, “Ah yeah, lets make fun and mockery because someone said UFO”, “Ah yeah lets just argue about whether aliens exist” … it’s not even on my list of thoughts. When I saw conversations go that way, it just irritates me.

I can’t even be bothered talking about whether something is fake or not. I am perfectly well awatre there are fake artists all over the Internet. We all know that. It’s just a given. No point stating the obvious. Even less point dwelling on it.

Can we have one thread on the Internet where a topic on UFO’s doesn’t become a big squabble about 9 foot reptillians or pleaideans? If so, this will be one of the first.

I just want to discuss things that are floatinga round our skies. I take photos to see if I can find weird stuff, and I do find weird stuff. Yes I could be faking them, but I say that I am not. Yes, you can assert that I am – and if you want to do that, fine, but once is enough. After that, lets move on.

I concur. What I have in that photos certainly could be anything. But the thing is, I have thousands of photos, where when you looka t them as a whole, it looks more and more unlikely that I am taking thousands of pictures of dust paricles and water dropplets that just so happen to be “glowing”, “shaped like triangles”, “shaped like saucers”… and various other phenomena that leave me, personally, lost for ideas on what could be in the photos.

All I can say is:
a). I am fairly good at photography. Yes an ammateur, but an ammateur that’s been taking photos daioly for many years.

b). I know whether something is close or not, simply by the settings I used on the camera. Things that are close do not show up on a camera that’s on maximum focus. If there’s ANY clarity, it’s at LEAST above tree top height, and if it’s visible and clear it’s certainly not a bird, bat or dust. I can show people pictures of birds bat and dust if they want. They’re all big see through smudges across the photo taking up 3/4 of 12 megapixels.

<!–End of Rant–>

lol, I think you just like using the line: " the onus of proof is on you".

You’ve said that at least 1/2 a dozen times in this thread, and not once have I argued with it – because I agree with it. So why do you keep saying it?

Can we move on? Everyone here knows perfectly well that it’s impossible to say what’s in the photo. It is also impossible for me to prove that I didn’t fake it. But it’s not impossible to prove that what ever is in the image was there when it was taken, but if anyone wants to take the photo (the original is attached), go and take it to NASA or the CSIRO, I don’t care! They’ll probably throw you out their front door though…

Now, can we stop beating a dead horse?

Also, I am not implying that governments and agencies are a pack of liars. I am flat out EXCLAIMING that they are, and if I could find a high enough tree to shout it to the entire southern hemisphere, I would.

If you trust governments and corporations, and think they’ve got your best interests in mind – I feel very afraid for you…

“What happens when Mr. UFO sees ISS”

Good example of irrational UFOlogy explained by science

I haven’t said anywhere in my posts that I associate ufo with only spaceships. Spaceships is just one possibility. I have posted previously that I am in the group who thinks the object in the OP’s image could be anything.

I still haven’t seen any proof that the alledged flying object was actually there when the photo was taken. Maybe it was and maybe it was added afterwards in some photo editing software - I don’t know which.

But the onus of proof is not on readers like me to disprove the authenticity of the image because everyone is free to choose for themselves whether they believe the image is genuine or not in the absence of proof.

The onus of proof, assuming the people posting images of alledged ufo’s want to be taken seriously, is on them to provide the proof that their images are authentic and not fabricated in any way.

Knowing how easy it is to fabricate images of “ufo’s” I haven’t seen anything that proves the alledged “ufo” was actually there when the photo of the sky was taken.

But I am open to inspecting any evidence the OP wishes to provide to support his/her claim their photo is genuine. In the mean time I’ll reserve my right to believe the image is more likely to have been fabricated or there is some other natural explanation like “something on the lens”,“light reflection”," sun glare" etc etc etc.