UK Host Recommendations

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good hosting site for the two very basic websites I built using the Sitepoint manual.

The websites will be used to advertise my business as a photographer and artist here in the UK. It consists of some basic text and some galleries of photos/pictures. I want to manage the sites myself as I’ll be adding more content/imagery as I go. I don’t have a great deal of experience with FTP’s but I’ve got vicomsoft which I used to test my site on some free hosting space courtesy of my ISP provider.

At the moment my first photography based website is almost 4mb, but could eventually grow to approx 30-50mb. I specialize in architecture. I don’t expect a many visitors, just architects, people within the building services, and colleagues.

I’ll need email capabilities for both sites – POP3/IMAP, Webmail.

Thanks. Paul

You could have a look at what United-Hosting offer; I’m pretty certain they could cover your needs.

And there is nothing saying you must host everything on the same host.
eg. You could have the “main” site on a “small” host and keep the larger image files on a CDN host where you could increase as needed.

I have a few small sites on shared hosting with HostPresto! and have found them very good.

Thanks for the comments.

I want to keep my costs low at the beginning - up to £5 a month if possible…

Is it better to use a host site based as near as possible to your potential audience, i.e in the UK?

P

The basic shared package at HostPresto! is £24 per year for 1GB disc space, which sounds to be more than enough for your purposes just now.

[quote=“Kristeva, post:5, topic:117663”]
Is it better to use a host site based as near as possible to your potential audience, i.e in the UK?
[/quote]There is apparently a slight difference in speed if you host near your audience, but I doubt it would be enough to be noticeable.

Thanks, just checked out HostPresto! and looks very good.

P

Could you please help me with your hosting requirements? What type of hosting you are looking for and do you have any specific budget and server location?

Kris,

I’ve been with WebHostingBuzz for a couple of years (with multiple accounts). I’ve never found a better and more professional hosting company and their prices are fully in line with other hosts (TOP hardware, software and support at low prices can’t be beat!).

While I utilize their servers in two of their US data centers, they also have a data center in the UK (I don’t recall where it’s located but, with their company history in the US, I’m sure that their hardware and software are top of the line and I’m also sure that they share the same superlative support team.

Go do http://webhostingbuzz.co.uk for more information pertinent to your requirements.

Regards,

DK

Hi Kristeva,
I recommend you to deal with hostforlife.eu services for For cheap ASP.NET Hosting . They are web hosting providing and completely satisfied with there service and support.They provide unlimited hosting and even you can take free trial before buying the services.

There are so many hosting review sites that give you detailed information about the different VPS hosting providers. I would suggest you to stick with the service provider who provides support 24/7 and has been in market from at least last 5 years.