Unlimited Undo's in Photoshop

Maybe I’m just not understanding how the History States settings work, but I see no way to set unlimited undo’s in CS3. Nor any mention of it that I could find…

I’ve reset undo to ctrl+z… and I would like a way to undo back to the beginning of the image even if I made 5000 edits.

Is there a way?

Thanks–

Ctrl+Shift+Z will go back all the way.

Ctrl+Z only does one undo… a pain in the butt.

Thanks for the reply mkoenig, but didn’t mean to confuse – I changed this key combination purposely - just my preference.

Either way, you can only go back so far. Not 100%. I’m looking for unlimited undo’s.

Click the thumbnail image in the History panel and all the changes will be undone - back to when you have opened your image.

You can increase the number of history states remembered by Photoshop up to 1000. Open Preferences and go to Performance. There you have “History States” field and slider.

aa… ok.

Click the thumbnail image in the History panel and all the changes will be undone - back to when you have opened your image.

You can increase the number of history states remembered by Photoshop up to 1000. Open Preferences and go to Performance. There you have “History States” field and slider.

Great! Thank you for the additional info as well.

Good. Be cautious with the History States though - all comes with its price, which is in this case increased resources (memory) usage.

Ahhh, very interesting. I didn’t know that! Thanks for the tip…it’s something that I wished for a long time, but I didn’t know it was possible.