Very Exciting News: Forum Upgrade Next Week

Good luck guys, onwards and upwards.

A sneak preview huh? I could be bribed… :stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s all capture lots of screenshots to store as memorabilia from the old forum!
Quick, before it’s gone!

Isn’t that the job of The Wayback Machine?

I like current version, hope new version will be better!

If the new version can make me coffee then I’m all for it. Oh, and as long as it has the “latest forum posts” link.

Finally, really looking forward to the upgrade! I’m absolutely sure it’ll be a huge success and most will love it—I sure will. :wink: I’m excited and waiting, thanks for the news!

Sure does. It’s called “What’s New”. :slight_smile:

Raffles, if you want coffee, then I want cake. I have a sweet tooth, you see :smiley:

Like Crusty said, you must be a silly kitty. I DOUBT anything is done to make it better. I think I saw somewhere that VB4 is not free, so heavily modding codee is probably against TOS. I have basically given up using the keyboard for forums except for scrolling the thread.

To be blunt: It took months for the devs to get a decent sized code block, so maybe give them a year+ to do the other hopes you have.

My condolences on the upgrade – vb4 was a huge mistake and this is coming from a person who used it extensively since vb2 was released over 10 years ago.

Go with IPB or Xenforo. Either one will suit you better.

Sorry for bumping, but glad there was an upgrade! I was wondering why I had to relogin. Almost forgot my password.

Upgrade hasn’t happened yet. This week some time. Will be a big change. :slight_smile:

As long as ralph is involved, I’m confident that the upgrade will proceed smoothly. :smiley:

I’m not involved. :smiley:

You’re so modest! :wink:

Can’t be true, they’ve been heavily modding this current version since forever.

But if there is a TOS that says “you can’t take our expensive steaming pile of inaccessible code and make it actually WORK for real human beings, not only those privileged to use a mouse” then vBull should be dropped, because it is not worth being promoted by a site dedicated to web development done properly.

But seriously, how hard/long/difficult is it to remove the a{outline:none;} from the retarded Meyeresk reset until the proper fixes in keyboard navigation could be made? It’s just a few characters.

I’m sending more shame in a bucket to vBull devs… and it’s COD.

no no I thought it was recently added…

Don’t forget - the original core group aren’t there anymore - it’s a whole other group that somehow wedged the original team of owners out. The original have started a new company (can’t think of what it’s called at the moment…)

All I can say is lets give it time. If the current vB version is crippling the servers (which we’ve all seen), then let the upgrade continue, and we can hope the word that the cruft will be cleaned up comes to fruition…

and we can hope the word that the cruft will be cleaned up comes to fruition…

What I’ve seen in the sneak peak, it’s pretty much ALL fixable, mostly with CSS, much of it rather small. This is a good thing. Though I dunno if vBull uses real CSS or one of those lets-pretend-css-is-object-oriented things, but still shouldn’t matter (just be a bit harder to fix).

Some structural stuff needs to be fixed… I have no idea how difficult it is to tweak markup in something like vBull.

it’s a whole other group that somehow wedged the original team of owners out.

whoever added the Meyeresk reset gets the Bucket O Shame, and I don’t care which team did it.

Doing pretty much anything in vB4 is a nightmare.