Welcome to The SitePoint Forums

It’s nice and fast, and looks good.

A couple of confusing points though:

1. My username has been changed from -RT- to RT1, I was wondering why I couldn’t log in! Any chance I can have -RT- again?
  2. I don’t seem to have personal messages any more? Has this feature been removed?

Thanks,
-RT- AKA RT1

I think that this is a great birthday present for him :slight_smile:

That’s true for some members. I don’t know why it happened to you. It did happen to some of us because we did some testing and logged in using a different e-mail addresss.

I believe it can be fixed and I’m sure that @hawk will do it in the next hours. Do have a bit of patience. It has been a long day for some since this is our very first day in real mode :wink:

1 Like

Everyone started out at TL 0 (Trust Level 0) which does not have the ability to PM. Once you reach TL 1 (should take a matter of a few hours), you’ll have that ability again.

1 Like

[quote=“RT1, post:45, topic:741”]

1. My username has been changed from -RT- to RT1, I was wondering why I couldn’t log in! Any chance I can have -RT- again?
    [/quote]I’ve temporarily mislaid the link I had to the requirements , but I believe Discourse usernames must begin with either a letter or number, and be aa minimum of 3 characters in length. I know some usernames had to be changed from vBulletin because they were unacceptable to Discourse, and I think yours is one. Sorry.
1 Like

OK, thanks for the update.

Can someone let me know if I can edit my username to something I like but follows the new guidelines?

No rush, I am happy to wait until it is convenient for you guys. :slight_smile: tomorrow I’m off to Italy for a while anyway.

It’s possible to change your username if you’ve just signed up, I believe, and it may be possible for an admin to do it at a later stage. @cpradio, @ralphm or @HAWK will know.

(Have a great holiday.)

1 Like

My bad. I was thinking to change RT1 to RT only. I didn’t pay attention to anything else :blush:

Very nice and so clean layout it’s nice to see SP/SPF moving forward. Had a “OMG!” moment when logging in. The site did not recognize my password. :smiley:

2 Likes

@RT1 Sure, just let me know what username you want and it looks like I can change it for you.

You can also check if you are able to change it by visiting
http://www.sitepoint.com/community/users/RT1

Click on Preferences, then the edit icon next to your username. If you do not see an edit icon, just PM me the username you want :smile:

1 Like

The new site is beautiful, It will make this community stronger.

5 Likes

Hey - great to see you around, @ServerStorm. Glad you like it.

I am overwhelmed by the positivity in this thread. You guys are amazing.

The new forums look and feel great :slight_smile:

Well done to @HAWK, the SitePoint team and everyone else involved.

2 Likes

Thanks, I can’t do it myself unfortunately.

PM isn’t working yet, someone said it should be working soon though.

My preferred user id’s in order or preference are:

1. RT
  2. R.T
  3. RT.
  4. RT-
  5. RT_

I’ve changed it (as you can see) to number 5, which was the only version valid under Discourse. (Minimum of 3 characters, only letters, numbers and underscores permitted).

You should be able to send a PM, as you’re TL1. Click on my avatar and see if a red “Private Message” button is displayed.

Someone beat me to it, but the only one acceptable to Discourse is RT_ :smile:

You can’t beat a bear running! Don’t even try :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was only distracted because I was helping you out with the PHP topic :stuck_out_tongue: Yep, that’s my excuse, at least the one I’m going with.

2 Likes

Woow I like it :slight_smile:

1 Like