XP Task Scheduler, DOS comamnds/Batch file

Hi Experts.

I am seeking help on some of the DOS command/Batch file help. Is this the right place ?? i couldn’t find DOS help room anywhere. Sorry if not.

I am using Windows XP. service pack 3
Please can some one help me interpreting this logic in DOS command to use in the batch file. …

1. Please can you help me how to use this in DOS command
    Pause until a Dialog box appears
    If Dialog box, press Ok
    Enter the activity log into text, File generated
    ( Log file has to be auto generated name by system time)

— a few commands

Call Another batch file …

1. My remote server is scheduled to do a task, i have not enabled the task to activate on “log on only” yet when i do not log onto the server, the tasks fail to trigger. . what mistake am i doing.

2. How to disable the prompt for password in the Scheduler, windows xp sp 3.

Many thanks in advance and in anticipation of help.
Anand

#1 open windows help & support and look for ‘command’ or ‘command reference’. I don’t remember if you can do a message box from a batch file, but there is a pause command that waits for a keystroke. As an alternative look into using scripting such as vbscript or powershell scripts.

#2 When you set up your task there is a place to provide logon credentials that the task will run under. Most likely you haven’t set the proper logon for the task to run without a user logging on the computer.

#3 maybe see #2

Hi Doug G,

Thank you for the response, however i have all issues as is. I have already tried all the help. Any specific commands to get the above psuedocode would be great. By the way i am sorry if could not convey clearly I am not after making a message box from batch file. I want a commands to handle a message box with Ok button by pressing entering “Enter” command. As mentioned in the Psuedocode.
Pause until dialog box, if Dialog box send “enter” command and log the activity by comparing the date stamp and proceed with further instructions. Please can someone help me.

Cheers
– Anand