Are you interested in writing a SitePoint book?

Hi Hawk! Thanks for the reply! Definitely, I can get something written up within 2 weeks! Getting right on it! Thanks again!

OHHHHH… I’m doing the Happy Dance even for that comment! I promise to buy several hardcopies if I am included!!! :D:D:D

Hi!

So everybody was supposed to have their draft in by October 8th. How many people submitted articles? One? A hundred? How did my article look? Was it terrible or awesome? Has there been no news simply because you are SWAMPED? How are the articles looking? When will we know if our articles were accepted or declined? It’s an exciting project… I am waiting with bated breath for updates… :smiley:

Hi Coyote,

I’m sure there should be some news soon, but just by virtue of being a moderator I know that quite a few have been received and a few more are soon to be submitted. The staff are reviewing the submissions, and it is looking like this will be a very nice little book. And though it’s not really for me to say, I do know that yours has been very well received. Well done. :slight_smile:

Hi ucomeau, yes, as I understand it, some space has opened up for a few more submissions. What is your proposed topic? Ideally, it would be one that hasn’t been covered yet, so post your topic here and we can advise further.

The article should be approximately 1500 to 5000 words in length and there have been over one dozen submissions already.

From the draft I reviewed; it was a nice read but I don’t make the decisions.

I’ve already begun laying out my ideas for my contributions… it’s pretty exciting - hopefully everyone will enjoy the content. :slight_smile:

Oh yes, I want to write the site map book but I am thinking that’ which book should be write and how? please tell me

<snip>

For the benefit of the collective; out of interest since now the ‘signup’ time period has probably expired, what is the next step?..

Is it a case of we get on with our pieces of work and submit the ‘draft(s)’ when we are happy before Friday 8 October or will there be further announcements.

In addition is there a particular length you are looking at either in words or pages, let us say for example; ‘xyz’ pieces of A4 paper. I realise the article section mentions 1500+ words though some of the topics will be quite in-depth and others fairly brief depending on topic breadth, writing approach and style.

I thought I’d just raise these few questions in case they haven’t already been covered. :slight_smile:

Hey, just an update on my article status. I had originally listed 4 topics I was interested in writing on. Right now I’ve got one article well underway, but with the way October is barreling down on us, I don’t think I’m going to be able to write on all four. So as it stands now:

+++++++++++++++
Well underway, and going to be submitted:
Working Title: Playing with Explosives: Coding Email HTML Mailings that Don’t Explode in the InBox.
Article Description: Tips and techniques on design, code, and content, with code samples. I’ll also talk about email development in a team environment.
+++++++++++
I have a lot of the content together and mostly written, and will also be submitted:
Optimizing Flash for Search Engines
techniques for optimizing flash content on a site to take advantage of Google’s changes in how it indexes Flash.
++++++++++++++
Haven’t started, so probably up for grabs as a topic:
Bug Slaying, Code Hygiene, the Hack Attack, and You: Tips, Tools and Techniques for Getting Your HTML and CSS To Behave and Still Look Nice.
debugging tools, resources, and techniques for getting the front end webpage code to work, and be maintainable.
+++++++++++++++
Also haven’t started, so also probably up for grabs:

Maintainable CSS
structuring your CSS and style-sheet(s) to make them (and your site) more easily maintainable and update-able, without making you want to rip your hair out.

I’m interested in participating. I plan on doing web coding in the area of languages in client/server-sides. I don’t really have a good concrete idea of what I want to work on exactly so no working title or description yet.

Hello!

I’m late on my submission, but I spoke to Hawk about it.

I would like to write about object oriented date and time management in PHP.

Great that we’re getting loads of people wanting to contribute! Just remember (to those who have recently signed up), you can begin writing right now.

As denoted in the OP we have a deadline for submissions so go right ahead and begin producing your lovely content and it may end up in the book! :slight_smile:

Categories: Online Communities/Social Networks, Server-side

Working Title: Interoperability for Community Sharing

Article Description: Online Communities include many global Virtual 3D Communities more and more as we progress. I’d like to write a tutorial chapter building a simple link-sharing app for websites using PHP and LSL.

Awesome guys - thanks very much.

The important thing to note is that the deadline for drafts is October 8th.

I taught networking for years, and I could write about TCP/IP or networking in general, but that would bore you to tears. Really, that’s a dry well, except for the security angle and that is trying to listen to at best. But, I think the ticket is mortised web design. I’ll try to provide a segment on how to use Photoshop/Fireworks to create a backdrop for web pages that can be sliced to become a full fledged website. There are a few CSS tricks that have to be observed and layering is not dead yet. All of which jQuery could be used to bring it all to life.

I’d like to write an article on marketing. I just need a time to form all my collected materials.

Sorry about my lack of details earlier.

Category: Audio + Video
Working Title: Preparing Audio and Video for the Web
Article Description: Methods of preparing audio and video for user content on the web which would cover minor editing, compression and file types.

Can I write about the CSS Levels and how to use them effectively or is this already covered? Also, I would like to cover a bit about different browser types based on Rendering Engines? let me know something.

Well HAWK, if you guys are looking for editors, I’d be happy to help with that - typos, grammar, sentence structure - those sorts of things :slight_smile: