Blog Comments

ask for the comments in the post, ask people what they think. open it up for discussion. also alot of comments you see on blogs are spam. they are real but alot of people will stumble upon a blog and take the opportunity for leaving a comment on something they found from google just to get a link to there website. i am guilty of it :stuck_out_tongue:

if blog post is information then guaranteed a user or guest will comment on the blog (feedback)

Very rarely do i found people genuinely leaving comments on my blog, most of the time they are just spams with lots of link in their comments.

People always love to comment on any blog you have to choose right place to promote your blog. Colocated has got it correct most of the time you will find spam on your blog. I will recommend post your blog on selected category forums where you will find relevant people who will post comment genuinely.

<snip/>

Yes that could help Seenathkumar. You have to choose the right category for your blog so that people could find it easily and they could easily relate and understand what your blog is all about.

the commenting also depend upon the kind of moderator a blog has. If he feels that he dont want any link going back to other website the the administrator removes the comment. So it complete depend up on the moderator of that particular blog.

Traffic is the key point to have comments leave in your blog. But the important thing is the content that attract your visitors to stay and comment accordingly.

You may search around how successful bloggers drive the visitors to comment their blogs. Then, be yourselves, be the FIRST class of yourselves when write the blog. Your visitors can feel your sincerity from your write-ups and might lead them to comment :slight_smile:

It doesn’t matter if you require people to login or not. Some people think it does, but I’ve seen plenty of blogs (even lesser-known ones) that get lots of comments & require the person to login. I believe that if your content is good enough, people will want to comment regardless.

It doesn’t hurt to ask for comments. At the end of each blog post, end with a question… ask reader’s opinion. Even ask for the advice of the reader. Anything to encourage discussion but not in a desperate way.

Great post. Is there a way to filter specific blogs i.e EDU in google?

<snip/>

What does that have to do with this question or content in general?

I have been blogging for quite a few years now using the WP platform. Askimet is a little difficult to understand, it definately picks up most spam comments, it generally sees a link as spam unless it is a related keyword. I suggest leaving comments on do follow blogs to generate conversations but they must be relevant to the content.:wink:
<snip/>

Make your blog a dofollow blog and install keywordluv and surely comments will follow. Also, you can try asking a question directed towards your readers at the end of your post. It can help.

<snip/>

whats the mystery behind wordpress blog comments? they keep on increasing like hell, but the traffic remains the same???

Good traffic + good content= lot of comments

Writing blog posts people want to read is a matter of speaking honestly and openly about a subject you’re passionate about. The more you promote your blog, the more people will find it and the greater likelihood that some of those people will read what you have to say, like it, and return. Therefore, your blog posts need to be dynamic, interesting and enjoyable.

Yes the most important thing on internet is CONTENT. It plays a vital role in generating traffic and getting good comments… :slight_smile:

use some “Do follow Plugin”, peoples are interested in commenting blogs which allows them to add their link. Once you have added " Do Follow list", let others know that you offering the same

If your blog has good and quality content then you would naturally be getting comments. Despite good content, if you are not getting the comments, then it means the content is not marketed well or the content has not reached the readers. Make sure to do some social media marketing for your content so that It may get virally spread and invite some comments.

often the comments left are not worthwhile though, and many can be just SPAM. Work on good quality copy and monitor your comments to remove undesirable comments. When visitors see just SPAM I find they are less likely to leave good useful comments.