Is 31 Dec.2012 last date of the Earth?

Haha count me as a Pagan too :smiley: When I lived still in Germany we used to spit roast a whole ox for the winter solstace. Man was that fun. Two days the beast would roast, the guys turning it by hand crank had had too much “mead” by the time the ox was done and could not partake in the feast :smiley:

We had this big clearing in the woods, close to a quarry, where we would set up a huge circle of hay bales to sit on. People brought their own drinks and china and stuff. Big crowds too. Then we played home made instruments, like the devil’s violin, a thing of screeching quality, to drive away the short days. Dancing got wild of course, fire jumping and the whole bit.

Close by there was another tradition where people built huge wheels of wood where a man could stand inside. The wheels were set afire and pushed down a hill, the guys inside. There were never any injuries that one would think could happen. Quite a sight all these wheels rolling down

It’s hogwash.

Basically this 2012 thing came about from the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar and when the date representation increases the largest significant decimal place. Converted to the Gregorian calendar (the calendar we use) the date ended up being in 2012.

You can equate this value increase to kind of like when the milage on your car goes from 59,999 to 60,000. Your car doesn’t blow up at 60,000 miles, and neither will the universe at 2012.

^ So whats your opinion about it? I mean do you believe with that link you provide?

Well we really don’t know whats gonna happened next and NO ONE WILL PREDICT for the FUTURE. So I guess lets just enjoy our life to the fullest. And don’t think too much about 2012

The end of the world has been predicted so many times over the millennia by doomsayers that I don’t put any stock in their vague prophecies and predictions and attempts at sensationalism.

Course, that’s not to say you can’t be hit by a bus crossing the street tomorrow either.

And furthermore, just because a lot of people say it, doesn’t make it true. I mean, come on, Al Gore did not invent the internet despite the number of people who say it’s so :stuck_out_tongue: :rolleyes:

For myself, the world can end on 12/21/2012, or 12/31/2012, or on any day after. I’ll be at Milliways. :smiley:

however, earlier in the year, I’ll be here
 And everyone’s invited. :slight_smile:

I’m hungry

Again?

yeah, but I’m making Norwegian rice cream right now :stuck_out_tongue:

And how many Norwegians go into your ice cream? :eek:

rice cream, man :rolleyes: rice cream with strawberry sauce :smiley:

Oops? my bad. rice cream. Question still stands, though.

no one, as I dont like strange things in my food :stuck_out_tongue: nor do the food over here last long enough to give people time to step into it :stuck_out_tongue:

2012 can’t be the end of the world anyway
 it already ended in 1999 remember? This is just some post apocalyptic hallucinations you are all experiencing :lol:

ha ha ha

no, actually the 21 Dec 2012:D

I will be taking bets with anyone that says yes the world will end.

Hey, has anyone realized that the world is still spinning? Or maybe
 2010 hasn’t started yet
 :shifty: After all, Einstein said that time was something relative :stuck_out_tongue:

No way this is not right.Any way God knows this is right or wrong.

c’mon, man – you know we have a rule at sitepoint forums that prohibits discussing religion

actually, what he was referring to was how time seems to slow down when your relatives are over for the holidays