Search Engine Results Pages

Hi When I google my company’s website I still get two old pages which are the contact page and Impact Recorder which are designed differently now but google is still displaying the old ones not sure why…

Do you mean old links in their search results? They can take a while to come around and check your site for updates. How long has it been since the update?

Yeah. Well for the Contact page it has been 2 months since I changed it and Impact Recorder products page has been like four months already,…

You can prompt Google to recrawl the site: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

You may just find that some of those links disappear, as they appear in that configuration when they’ve been online for a while. If the URL is still the same, you may be lucky, though.

Thanks but how do I get started with that those are just the instructions but it doesnt say where to go to do it…

That is support for Google webmaster tools. Do you have your website set up for that?

Yes I do.

Left hand menu

Crawl → Fetch as google.

you can update your web page in Google Search with the Submit to Index function of the Fetch as Google tool.

Great ill try this out.

So what has to happen after it said it in status that it completed but my old web pages still show up in the search engine.

Once you submit your URL, you might need to wait some time for Google to process your request as well as crawl and index the page. Also, understand that we can’t guarantee that Google will index all your changes as Google relies on a complex algorithm to update indexed materials.

I see thanks…how about messing around with Search Appearance in web master tools?

Webmaster tools has tabs dedicated to that. Look at the lefthand menu where it says “Search Appearance” .

As I see in your website that you have 2 different pages for contact us.

Page 1:- iogproducts.com/contact.aspx

Page 2:- iogproducts.com/CONTACT2.aspx

And you want to index the page 2 in the Google search result.

The Google already caches your Page 2 and it will not index this page until you de-index Page 1 (contact.aspx).

I suggest

1. Use webmaster Removal URLS service and add the URL which you want to remove.

2. Use Robots.txt and disallow the Page 1 Url (Sub URL only no domain name)

3. Do search engine submission add your URL in various search engine for re-crawl.

Ok 1. I added it to Removal URLS and it is pending. 2. I only see robots.txt Tester is that where I test the page if it is still up? 3. Not sure where search engine submission is… @PeterSullivan

The URL Removal did not work it was pending then it said done and I checked in the search engine and it still shows Page 1

Changes are not immediate.

Engine submission is simply to let know that you’re site exists.

There are two ways that a search engine will know about your site: one, because someone linked to it or becasue they crawl a certain IPs in a regular basis.

The other way is that you tell them. Most search engines have a little form where you can ask them to add your site to their listings… and they will send their crawl to read your site.

That’s engine submission

I see…so if my website already appears in the search engines do I need search engine submission?

Not really. The Search Engine already knows that your site exist and you’re already being ranked.

Sometimes, depending on the S.E., it may be a benefit, though. Part of the success in indexing a site is that the site is litested in the right category By submitting yourself, you decide which category and subcategory and not the crawler. Being in the right category may increase your ranking… or decrease it, if the crawler thinks that your content doesn’t really fit into it :smiley:

Hi Csosa,

Sorry for the delay. your question regarding Robots.txt.

1. Well Robots.txt is a file which you need to upload in your website and you can de-index the URL which you don`t want to show in the search result.

I have created the Robots.txt file and also added the URL which you are looking to block from the search engine.

Upload this file in the root folder: Robots.txt (137 Bytes)

You can check whether the Robots.txt file is properly uploaded in your website by check the below URL.
iogproducts.com/robots.txt

2.Second you can search for Search Engine Submission site list in the Google and you will find plenty of list where you have to submit your website.

3 Likes