UFO Over Mia Mia, Victoria, Australia

I’m in the “It could be anything” group :slight_smile:

Bear in mind that posting you don’t upload fakes etc, no offence, probably means absolutetly zero to most people including me, especially when you are a complete stranger.

Surely if you want to be taken seriously, the onus of proof is on you to prove beyond doubt any claims you make are true and there is no obligation on anyone reading unsubstantiated claims to just blindly accept them.

In my case, what you say may or may not be true but knowing how easy it is to fabricate such images I don’t blindly accept photos of ufo’s as being genuine until they are proven to be so.

One of the most common comments I have on my YouTube channel is:

“Fake”

“Photoshop”

“Threw a rock in the air”

…things like that. Then I automatically get offended, and I feel like elbowing the person who made the comment in the head. I stop just thought of firing back when I stop to consider that there are thousands of purposeful fakes uploaded to YouTube, and that it’s hard for people not to simply think that I am yet another person uploading dodgy fakes.

I see this thread heading in the same direction, so I’ve decided to just ignore it and not respond. But I at least want to interject and say this:

1). I don’t upload fakes.
2), I don’t upload anything that I know what it is, and try to pass it off as something that I don’t know.
3). That picture above isn’t a flying rick, bread, anything on the lens or anything like that. It wasn’t raining that day, and none of the photos before or after that have water on the lense. No it isn’t superman either.

What ever is in that photo surely is something in the sky. WHAT is it? I don’t know. But I do know that my camera was set to maximum zoom, so anything “close” like a big or stone being thrown would be nothing but a blur (because that’s just how depth of focus works). What ever is in that photo, at the very least, is higher than the trees I was standing near.

Additionally, if anyone still thinks I am purposefully making fakes (and I can’t truly blame you if you do), just go check out my YouTube Channel. There are some great “saucer” photos there that are impossible to fake with photoshop. Or if I am throwing rocks, I must have a pretty good arm to throw them so high that the camera can barely pick them up in the distance.

I also have the original photos, and if anyone wants to see them and look for photoshop artifacts, be my guest. I don’t photoshop anything.

I know I know, maybe overly defensive, but if there’s going to be any conversation, the most absurd suggestions should be at least ruled out so that I don’t have to deal with them (again). I’ve been deleting those comments from my YouTube channel for a year. I’m kind of over them.

Just to clarify. Here’s what I consider to be valid responses:

• It could be anything.
  • It is a UFO, ufo doesn’t mean “aliens”.
  • Very interesting.
  • Do you have the original photo so I can inspect it?
  • Do you have the original footage?

Here’s stuff that irritates me!

• There MUST be life off earth! This is an alien spaceship for sure!
  • Oh stop uploading this garbage, There’s no aliens!
  • It’s the FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER - HAHAHAHA!
  • Fake.
  • You’re a noob. Nice photoshop, but not very good. (Yes this is actually a common response!)
  • You are an idiot.
  • You suck.
  • Swamp gas.

All I am saying is that there’s certainly some weird stuff zipping around our skies, and I have reason to believe that such activity will increase. I have personal experiences which I could cite, but I know enough to know that there’s no point even bringing that stuff up. Been there. Never ends with me smiling.

So, I just take photos and let people think what they like. I delete and block people on my YouTUbe channel that say anything stupid, so that I can build a subscriber base of people who are intelligent, respectful and have an open mind.

So, those are my thoughts. I just wanted to clarify.

I haven’t seen anything that proves it is in the air, let alone flying through it.

Again, as I mentioned earlier it would take me no more than 5 minutes to stick a spaceship or anything else you like (even a pig :rolleyes: ) on an image of the sky to create an illusion that it is flying through the air when actually there was nothing flying there at all when the original image of the sky was taken.

ok, that is your choice. But the downside to that attitude is that it lessens the credibility of statements like this.

I would be very surprised if people like NASA did not have their own photography experts or at least be able to outsource that type of work to reputable experts.

Who do you consider to be a photo expert?

i think it looks like a spaceship from uranus

If it’s in the air and it’s unidentified it’s a UFO so your second sentence makes no sense, what exactly would you be doing in photoshop? No one is saying it’s anything other than an unidentified flying object, you seem to think that means spaceship. It doesn’t.

You didn’t get my point, and you’ve mixed up two reasoning’s together (two things I said) that don’t relate to each other. I didn’t say that NASA doesn’t have photo experts…

As far as I can gather, you sense a contradiction between me saying: “I wouldn’t report it” and “I am happy to show a photo expert”.

So, I will explain.

I wouldn’t report anything because I don’t think there’s anyone (or any agency) worth reporting anything to. Not NASA, not CSIRO. Not police. I report pictures I take to “YouTube viewers”.

I would be happy (though) to let a digital photo expert look at the pictures, not to “report the photos” - but to let people know that if anyone wants to analyze them, go right ahead. I don’t care. They’re not fake. All I am saying is that they would pass scrutiny by a photo expert, because not one of them is doctored. That was my point – not that NASA’s photo experts aren’t good enough.

Ok, well you go and do that… As for me, I’ll continue to take photos and not doctor them. Again, if anyone wants the originals to be put up to scrutiny - mum’s the word… They’re not doctored.

Good job cos it is a UFO, you’re one of the afore mentioned people who thinks UFO means alien spaceship, it doesn’t. Since no one we know knows what it was, it’s unidentified. Either that or it’s a blob on my pc screen right in the middle of that photo.

It’s a bird… it’s a plane… it’s Superman! :wink:

Looks like a drop of water on the lens. Those clouds look like rain.

//youtu.be/wLaRXYai19A

No. Once anyone manages to identify exactly what it is then it has been identified. The only people who could still argue that it is unidentified at that point are those who disagree with the view that it has been identified (usually because they do not agree that it is a picture of whatever it has actually been identified as).

I mentioned spaceships along with the fact I could stick anything else onto an image of the sky (including a “flying pig”)

Let me refresh your memory - in post no. 23 I said

Again, as I mentioned earlier it would take me no more than 5 minutes to stick a spaceship or anything else you like (even a pig :rolleyes: ) on an image of the sky to create an illusion that it is flying through the air when actually there was nothing flying there at all when the original image of the sky was taken.

Personally, I don’t believe the object in the OP’s image was actually there in the sky when the photo of the sky was taken. I think people submitting photos of things like this forget that the onus of proof is on them to prove the photos are authentic and not fabricated in any way before anyone needs to even consider taking them seriously.

Given the OP clearly stated he was not prepared to send the photo to NASA to have the image scrutinised for authenticity lessens the probability, in my mind at least, that the photo is not fabricated.

When I asked the OP who he would consider a reputable photo expert to examine his photo I didn’t see a reply. If I missed it, please refer me to the post number.

What I said was:

I’m not sure what point you are trying to make. Yes I mentioned spaceships but nowhere have I said it cannot also be something else.

I still haven’t seen any proof that the object in the image was actually in the sky when the photo was taken. That object could be a spaceship and then it also could be a total fabrication, or something else like dirt on the lens, a reflection from somewhere, glare etc etc etc.

As I say in my quote above, images like that posted are very easy to fabricate.

I think that it’s far more likely to not be a ufo. I’m not sure that whatever it is is even actually flying.

As I mentioned before it would take me no more than 5 minutes in Photoshop to create an illusion of a ufo.

Without conclusive evidence proving exactly what it is, I am just saying that it is possible that it is a spaceship, although an extremely low possibility imho, along with many other possibilities assuming of course you haven’t fabricated the image which from my point of view is also a possibility.

I’m not ruling any possibilities in or out. :slight_smile:

Are you now saying it definitely is not a spaceship?

Well, the UFO craze days are coming back – which is why I am getting into it. I know that there’s growing talk about “UFO’s” on the media and on the news, and I think that there’s some sort of movement growing. Basically, I am building a YouTube channel, attracting subscribers with photos, so that when I have enough subscribers I can declare to them all that there’s no such thing as aliens. I wholeheartedly believe that there’s some powerful people in this world who are asking the media to start perpetuating UFO’s. The reason for this is to (by proxy, but not directly), insist that aliens created us and they’re coming back to save us all from ourselves. I know that’s entering into conspiracy territory, but conspiracy isn’t a dirty word. It just has dirty connotations these days. A conspiracy is simply the planning or plotting of something (even ideas), In a way where others can’t find out. And going by that definition, the world governments, shadow governments, installed governments and proxy governments and corporate elite are (I’m sure they’d agree), the biggest conspirators in the world. Anyway, I could keep typing, but I am sure 3/4 of what I just said will fly straight over most peoples heads (no pun intended).

Why are you talking about spaceships anyway? This thread has nothing to do with spaceships.

No, I actually stated that a valid response would be: “It could be anything”. I think you’re just bored looking for someone to start on.

Your second paragraphis invalidated by my response to your first paragraph.

Now, if anyone wants to carry on a legitimate conversation, I’m all ears.

I thought I answered that very question in reply to the post where JJMcClure asked it.

But since you ask the same question again, I can only give the same answer.

What I said was:

I’m not sure what point you are trying to make. Yes I mentioned spaceships but nowhere have I said it cannot also be something else.

I still haven’t seen any proof that the object in the image was actually in the sky when the photo was taken. That object could be a spaceship and then it also could be a total fabrication, or something else like dirt on the lens, a reflection from somewhere, glare etc etc etc.

As I say in my quote above, images like that posted are very easy to fabricate.