What is backlinks and how to get it quality?

backlink are the most beneficial activity for ranking website. without backlink it’s very hard to rank website

Hi snehasharma, welcome to the forum,

Got any Google source reference or stories of personal experience to back this up?

It has been my experience that neither pf those statements are true.

Mine also.

backlink These are links from a website —> b. and if a quality website, the quality will b
EG :keyword link drop ---- 1 backlink from http://www.sitepoint.com/community/ was pointing to my site

Too bad you didn’t read the thread before posting, or you’d have seen

so even before I edited out your link-drop (which we don’t allow here), you did not have a backlink to your site from SitePoint.

1 Like

yes i have understood

The Seo work for good content can optimize to web 2.0 and blog website getting good back-links.

What about web 3.0 and web 4.0 and so on?

We all know what Google thinks of bought links. For anyone who doesn’t, look it up.

They even have a tool to report sites that buy or sell links.

The backlink is a link which is received from any website page, blog, any server domain. Other words, the backlink is a hyperlink which redirect to any website or domain. Many factors can determine the value of backlink, but the main are relevancy to the topic and relevancy to the keywords.

Backlinks are external links or links coming from other sites pointing to your website. You can create backlinks by looking for sites that are related to your niche, how will you know if its an authoritative niche? Look at its domain authority or page authority, check if there’s no duplicate content posted and lastly check its indexability. It’s okay whether its a no follow or do follow since you can benefit from them either.

I’ve heard somewhere that the value of backlinks in SEO is dropping. They are important without any doubt, but nevertheless.

Backlinks are the hyperlinks that a certain website create through off page promotions – forum posting, blog commenting, social bookmarking – it helps you reach your target market immediately by living your signature or creating a link that will direct users to your portal.

Those are the quality ones - the rest still might bring in a few real people but will basically be disregarded as far as search engines are concerned.

Quality backlinks determine page-rank, which is far less important in SEO that many people believe. It is still a factor, but just one small one out of many.

Currently buying backlink is very risky & also their is a chance of website penalize from Google for getting unnatural backlink. All you need is to understand of earning quality backlink from reputed website.

Also before implementing any advance marketing strategies like Email Marketing, Referral Link or Paid advertisement you need to understand the concept of Backlink & different types of channel of backlinks.

To all posters: This thread seems to be getting rather repetitive. Please ensure any points you want to make are new and have not already been made. Otherwise, please use the “like” button to agree with what has already been said, rather than repeating it.

Thank you.

1 Like

Backlinks relevance still really helps in terms of making sure that we return the best, most relevant, most topical set of search results. ~ Matt Cutts, head of Google’s Webspam team

Backlinks are Actually Like our agents who help us to get traffic and make us popular.

What is backlinks?

Backlinks = Dofollow + NoFollow links.

Does backlinks help in SEO?

If you get dofollow backlinks, then it will help, and if you get nofollow backlinks, then it will not help at all in SERP, because Google does not pass Pagerank + Anchor text, when nofollow link is present.

How to check if the link is nofollow or dofollow?
Just use Google chrome extension Simple NoFollow, or view any webpage source code, and if you find this attribute rel=“nofollow”, then link is nofollow, and if it is not present, then it is dofollow.

Does all dofollow links helpful?
Big no. Most of people find out blogs and forums, where they can place link and get dofollow backlinks, but Google is too smart, if they found the link is low quality and it is irrelevant, then you will get penalty message on Google Webmaster Tools (GWT)

John Muller (Google Webmaster Employer) said, you should not build backlinks, otherwise whenever our penguin update come, then you will see major impact on your organic traffic. Just post quality articles or post, and wait for other people who liked to link your website in natural way.

In my opinion, you should not build dofollow backlinks, because if you buy from somewhere else, then your competitors may be report to Google, and you will get penalize in short time.